Saturday, November 17, 2012

Now I Have ........

Well a few weeks back I had a Endoscopy done to look for what could be causing me to have chest pains lets just say nothing came of that. Except for the fact that I had chest pains afterward and I had to go to the Emergency Room which is always my favorite place to waste time. When I was at the E.R. they did a CT of my chest and they didn't find anything wrong with my chest but they did accidently find that I have something on my Thyroid.

So now they found something on my Thyroid which means I had to go to my doctor and then he had to refer me for a Ultrasound of my neck. The Ultrasound shows three nodules on my Thyroid one is about half an inch and the others are real small . So now you are probably asking what does she have to go through now well now I have to have a needle put into my neck so that they can biopsy the nodule or nodules but I have to wait for a month before I can find out anything about it. Doctors don't seem to understand that when you have a lump of any kind that you want to get it checked right away because it kind of just puts your happy life on hold until you know that it is not bad..

From what I understand Thyroid Cancer is very rare and happens more in men than in women. I think there is like a 7% chance that it could be cancer so I am not horribly concerned but still it sucks having to wait so long to find out what the conclusion is to this chapter in my life.

On top of that I have to go and see my Neurologist and have a MRI to see if I have lesions on my brain from the M.S. that I have. My life is so full of doctors appointments. Sometimes I hate being me.

No comments:

Post a Comment